Social media is such an important part of owning a small business these days. As cosmetologists or beauty professionals your are small business owners! Taking advantage of the free marking platforms out there is a great way to build your business, network, book more clients, and make more money. Keep reading to learn 5 social media tips for cosmetologists.
5 Social Media Tips for Cosmetologists
- If you haven’t already, create official business accounts for all of your social media platforms. Keep all of your posts on your business accounts relevant to your business. It is definitely OK to post a little bit about your personal life but keep it professional. Your following will want to see the real you but the majority of your posts should be about your business.
- Decide who your ideal client is and speak to them EVERY TIME you post on social media. Another name for this is you “niche.” By doing this you will build a following of people who connect with you and your brand. This will help you book more of your ideal clients too!
- Use beautiful images! You can get great pictures by using your phone. Make sure you have great natural light and the background is minimal and you’ll be good to go. You can also use apps to edit. One of our favorites is Lightroom. You can purchase filters you love from professional photographers and editors and use them in Lightroom. It sounds complicated but it’s worth it!
- Make sure you are posting regularly. It helps to pre-plan your posts using a calendar and a weekly system. For example, on Mondays you share motivation, Tuesdays you share tips, etc. That way it’ll be so much easier to plan.
- Engage and tag other people in your posts. Social media networks love it when you use the app to connect with other people. The more you engage with others, the more your posts will be seen and others will engage with you.
Now go and get your posting on!!! Make sure you follow us on Instagram and Facebook for more social media tips.
If you’re interested in learning more about attending Esteem or becoming a cosmetologist call us at (801) 689 3031 to schedule a tour or visit our website. www.esteem-academy.com